Hi! If you find value in Papa PhD and in the content I bring you every week, click on one of the buttons below and send some of that value back to me 🙂 Now with the added perk of receiving the brand new Papa PhD and PhD Dojo stickers, if you become a monthly supporter on Patreon or BuyMeACoffee!
This week on the show, I discuss common stumbling blocks young researchers encounter when making career choices and decisions with someone who has been thinking about this question for two decades – Danielle White.
Danielle White is the founder and director of Periscope Programmes. She has been codesigning career transition programmes for over 20 years.
Working across the education system as a careers advisor, former academic and executive coach, clients have included heads of school at primary, secondary and university level; research staff; lecturers and PhDs at different stages.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How networking has evolved and what approach is needed today
- Why you should be asking people “how did you get there?”
- How the landscape of career readiness resources offered by universities is changing for the better…
- …and why they’re important whether you end up having a career in academia or outside of academia
- What Periscope Programmes offers graduate students and how to get them at your university
Thank you, Danielle!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Danielle White, let her know by clicking the link below and leaving her a message on Twitter:
Send Danielle a message on LinkedIn!
Click here to share your key take-away from this interview with David!